Friday, August 12, 2005

Not all who wonder are lost?

Hey, guess what. Wondering really pays off. I ran my thoughts with my wife, my beautiful and beloved wife... And you know? I ended up seriously thinking about the wondering on my previous post. And she also had an awesome suggestion that I might consider very seriously. She suggested to build a web-log to praise in public those places, and people that have been a blessing in my life. That someway or another have left behind an impenetrable shield of love, forgiveness, happiness, understanding and joy. Those people that have helped me throughout good times and bad times... And you know what is happening? A really interesting transformation, a transformation rooted in my thoughts that is, and continues to affect my heart in positive, and unimaginable ways. That is what the awesome power of Love does for you. That is what the awesome power of Positive thinking and positive thoughts do for you...
And just before writing this, I went to my old Journal, the one I have been using now for a couple of years, and there, I found something that really reinforces all this stuff I am talking about: These are all quotes from the awesome Norman Vincent Peal, who wrote a book a while ago called the Power of Positive Thinking. Here are a few of those quotes with my response to some of them...
"One way to become enthusiastic is to look for the plus sign. To make progress in any difficult situation, you have
to start with what's right about it and build on that."

"When you wholeheartedly adopt a 'with all your heart' attitude and go all out with the positive principle, you can do incredible things."

Yes, that is so true! The Bible says: Love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength and all these things shall be added unto you.

"Watch your manner of speech if you wish to develop a peaceful state of mind. Start each day by affirming peaceful, contented and happy attitudes and your days will tend to be pleasant and successful."

I would not be able to do it if I list all that crap that is back of my head...

"Anybody can do just about anything with himself that he really wants to and makes up his mind to do. We are all capable of greater things than we realize."

"Go forward confidently, energetically attacking problems, expecting favorable outcomes."

I am attacking the problem. The problem stares at me when I look in the mirror...

"The ‘as if’ principle works. Act ‘as if’ you were not afraid and you will become courageous, ‘as if’ you could and you'll find you can. Act ‘as if’ you like a person and you'll find a friendship."

This is a not so easy one as you have to trick your mind to 'believe' before it actually is true. Same with any affirmations we work with, for things we want to have, be or achieve in our lives...

"When I dig another out of trouble, the hole from which I lift him is the place where I bury my own."

Some times when I am in the wrong frame of mind, I read this one all wrong...LOL
"Yesterday ended last night. Every day is a new beginning. Learn the skill of forgetting. And move on."

Forgive and forget is a tough order!

"The cyclone derives its powers from a calm center. So does a person."

No comments: